It’s become the day of the year where we all apparently feel at our lowest, Blue Monday. We peaked over the festive period and now that we’re all settled back to our day to day routines we can feel a bit flat. Never mind that the days are still so short and we’re all craving going to and from work in the daylight
So, what can we do to lift the blues?
- Keep active, try walking up the stairs rather than taking the lift. Exercise is known to lift our spirits and by changing a little bit of our activity this will make us feel better.
- Keep snacking (we would say that!), if you’re dieting and hungry all the time this also affects your mood, so try having some fruit or a few pieces of jerky or biltong to keep you going until lunch
- Stay social instead of going to the pub at the weekend, meet up with friends for a walk in the fresh air and the social will help lift your spirits
- Book a holiday. Part of the build-up is planning where to go and what you’re going to do when you get there. It’ll also give you something to look forward to.
- Start a new hobby, there is always something that we’ve always wanted to try, be it a new sport, an art class, singing group or just promising to read more.
Make 2018 the year you do something for you and make Blue Monday, Monday 15th January the day you decided to do it. Go on!