Fancy something a bit different this Pancake Tuesday? We’ve got it covered! Wild West Beef Jerky Savoury Pancakes are a tasty alternative to your usual pancakes and syrup.
You will need the following ingredients:
For the pancakes:
• 55g of plain flour
• 1 egg
• 150 mls of milk
• Pinch of Salt
For the filling:
• 1 chopped onion
• 2 chopped garlic cloves
• 1 can of chopped tomatoes
• 40g-50g of thinly sliced Wild West Original Jerky
• Pinch of Salt & Pepper
• 1-2 Table Spoons of double cream (optional)
• ½ a chopped tomato tin of water
1. Sift the flour and salt into a large bowl. In another bowl, whisk together the egg and milk until smooth. Slowly pour the egg and milk mixture into the bowl of flour whilst whisking. Whisk until the batter is smooth.
2. Meanwhile, heat a frying pan on a high heat. Pour oil onto the pan and swirl it so the pan is coated. Pour the pancake batter into the centre of the pan and manoeuvre the pan so a thin layer of batter coats it.
3. Fry the batter until golden brown, then flip it over onto the other side and fry until golden brown. Repeat until mixture is finished.
1. Dice the onion, finely chop the garlic and slice the jerky into small pieces. Fry the onion until translucent and add in the garlic. Once the garlic is cooked, add in the jerky. Pour in the chopped tomatoes, water and stir. Add in a pinch of salt and pepper. Bring to the boil and leave on a simmer until the mixture becomes thicker.
2. Once the mixture has thickened, pour in the double cream (optional). Add seasoning to taste.
3. Spoon the mixture onto the pancakes. Roll up and enjoy!